Update: How to deal with little holes in shirts


I decided I don't want to make a completely new post for every hole in a shirt I fix. I have two posts about this now, this one and part 2 and I will add future hole fixes here and there.

So here we have a new hole fix.
Again, a very old shirt, which I love and refuse to throw it away because of one little hole. This time I made funny snails with the same pen I used below.

See for yourself:

DIY Refashioning how to fix small holes in shirts clothes
The final shirt with fixed hole and all little snails painted on

DIY self repairing how to fix little holes in your t shirts with sewing and pen
The first snail where the little holes was (see the thread?)

DIY self repairing how to fix little holes in your t shirts with sewing and pen
Additional snail number one

DIY self repairing how to fix little holes in your t shirts with sewing and pen
Additional snail number two

That's it!







OLD POST (before Update)


I confess, I have a lot of old clothes.
And old clothes tend to get broken. Seams rip, holes develop.

So how to deal with those tiny holes?
If you just sew them together, it's very eye-catching. At least the way I can sew it. Maybe someone knows how to fix them without being seen a mile away?

This time I had two old shirts with a tiny burnt hole in them. Yes, burnt. One by a cigarette, the other by a campfire.

I sew the hole together as you can see in the pictures below. Then I thought I make it even more eye-catching by adding a funny face. Now you could say "Hey, funny face on your shirt there!" and not "Did you have a hole here?"


DIY Refashioning how to fix small holes in shirts clothes

Black shirt: The hole is inside the eye, so to say it's the pupil.


DIY Refashioning how to fix small holes in shirts clothes

Blue shirt: The hole is the nose.

I like both shirts, so I didn't want to throw them away just because of tiny holes.
For me this is a simple and fun way to keep them a little longer.



Related DIY posts:

Little holes in shirts II

Comments