Little holes in shirts II

In summer I showed you the first holes I 'repaired' (see How to deal with little holes in shirts). But if you have an old wardrobe as I have and tend not to throw anything older than a few years away, maybe you also find more and more holes over time.
Well, at least I did and so I had to fix some more.

This is one shirt with two holes in it. I bought the shirt many years ago - don't know anymore which shop it is from but I'm sure it's one of those "low quality - made by 1$ chinese workers" stores. And low quality it is. I love the cut of the shirt, but the fabric is very thin, I mean like low-quality-thin, not perfect-for-summer-thin.
And somehow somewhen it had those holes.
I decided to use just coloured thread this time, but let's just have a look:

DIY Refashioning how to fix small holes in shirts clothes
Sorry for the bad quality! Hole number one, sewn together with lilac thread 
DIY Refashioning how to fix small holes in shirts clothes
Hole number two, sewn together with rose coloured thread 
DIY Refashioning how to fix small holes in shirts clothes
Another perspective, more from the side

DIY Refashioning how to fix small holes in shirts clothes
Side again

DIY Refashioning how to fix small holes in shirts clothes
As you can see, both holes are at the bottom end

For anyone interested, both holes are not even 1 cm diameter. So yeah, you can see them, but it was my purpose to not make it look ugly and for me I achieved that.

I did both by hand-sewing, so you need just thread and a needle.

Any tips on how you guys deal with holes? Please don't tell me to just throw it away - I try to use everything as long as possible to minimize useless consumption ;-)

Comments