A bag for my car made out of old pants

On Pinterest I saw all these car bags so I thought I want one too.
And I had this pants, which I absolutely loved 10 years ago, but they are quite tight and some seams ripped, I didn't wear them for years. Size change or DIY needed to be done. I figured they would make a perfect car bag.

I cut out a piece from the hips with some pockets. It's part of the left leg.

The cut-out piece

Then I had to fix this little hole that I made trying to fit into the pants ;-)


And there was this little pocket you can see on the right side of the cut-out piece. I wanted to hang the bag next to the gear shift so it would be on the co-drivers side. That way the little pocket would be useless. So I stitched it together on the outside and opened it on the inside.

Inside view of the little pocket
The little pocket inside the bag works now perfectly for me.



I stitched the two open sides together (left side of course) to form the bag and added a ribbon at the top.
Didn't take very long - approx. 30 minutes - and I had my car bag.





Comments